Thursday, May 21st, 2020
The Compass - WES
PTO Purpose: Support the education and enrichment of students at Wadsworth Elementary School by fostering relationships among the school, parents, teachers, and community at large through volunteer and financial support.
● Welcome. I want to thank everyone for all of your support this year. We have had an amazing school year and would not have been able to put together the events we did this year without you. We would love to hear everyone’s favorite moments from events this year.
● Good evening families. As we wrap up the 2019-2020 year, I want to spotlight the amazing work of our faculty, staff, students, and families particularly during virtual instruction. We have had an outstanding year, and just as I always say, there has never been a better time to be a Panther!
● During this last month, our staff has continued to remain connected through Waking Up with WES each morning, and our students have been given the opportunity to connect each afternoon during the WES Wrap Up. Other opportunities for our students have included Mindfulness Mondays with our guidance counselor, Ms. Katie, complete with some student yoga. Additionally, our guidance counselor, Mrs. Miller has continued to lead lunch groups virtually. We have continued to recognize students exhibiting our character education traits and PURR attributes through PBS rewards during virtual plinko. Another exciting addition to virtual learning has been through the work of Jordan Butler and Papa Johns, a virtual student of the week is being recognized each week.
● We have continued to provide access to books through our Little Library that Mrs. Rizzo established along with providing some student supplies thanks to the good people at the Flagler Education Foundation. We have remained connected with families through social media and our youtube channel, and we have had dedicated staff going out into the community to check on our students.
● Another exciting piece that we added virtually was the opportunity to connect with many of our clubs and sports at FPC, and we even found a way to honor our past Panthers who are members of the class of 2020.
● We are extremely grateful for the support of our district, the Education Foundation and the work of this PTO and especially this board. Our goal is to finish Flagler strong next Friday, and to have an even better year next year. Congratulations to the class of 2020!
● February 9th-Golf Classic
● February 7th-Dynamic Daughters Dance
● Holiday Shop, December 9-13th
● Pictures with Santa, December 3rd & 5th
● Fall Festival, October 25th
● Game Night, September 12, 2019
● School Spirit Shirts
● Back To School Jam, August 3, 2019
● Teacher Appreciation Breakfast – August 6, 2019
● Meet The Teacher – August 9, 2019
● Boohoo Breakfast – August 12 – 14, 2019
● Field trip money that was raised this year will follow the students up to the next grade for first and third grade. VPK was able to use theirs towards shirts for their students since they are not allowed to take field trips. Sixth grade purchased shirts for their students for the middle school they are moving to since their students will not be here next year.
● We will be nominating officers at the August meeting and will vote them in at the September meeting.
● Spirit Shirt contest- Please submit your drawings in an email to email@example.com. Please use blank white paper for your drawings. The winners will receive one free spirit shirt.
● Pictures from events that we have held this year will be posted to the website. Please send us your correct address so we can send them to you in the mail.
● The Grade level winners for the most PTO Participation is Kindergarten!! Their team will be receiving gift cards in the mail since we can’t have lunch together at this time.
● We will be honoring our LEO Seniors that have helped us this year with a gift card in the mail. They have been fantastic with our students and always have a positive attitude when they help us. We want them to know how much we appreciate them.