Monday, February 8th @ 6 PM
PTO Purpose: Support the education and enrichment of students at Wadsworth Elementary School by fostering relationships among the school, parents, teachers, and community at large through volunteer and financial support.
● Call to Order
○ Called to order at 6:08 pm by Danelle Green
● President’s Comments – Danelle Green
○ Thank you to all who are here tonight
○ Holiday Shop & Santa Pictures had a great turnout this year
● Secretary’s Report – Courtney Ludecker
○ Reading of Previous Meeting Minutes
○ Motion to Approve Previous Meeting Minutes as read by Danelle Green
○ Motion Seconded by Dr. Crawford
● Principal’s Comments - Dr. Anna Crawford
○ Officially in Q3
○ Extremely proud of our commitment to learning and keeping everyone safe
○ Mrs. Smith’s class did their Famous Americans speeches today and has them recorded for parents of the students in her class.
○ Finishing iReady Diagnostic 2 - We are seeing growth in all grades
○ CORE Phonics Survey is being finished up in K-2
○ Welcome to some new faces on campus who we were able to welcome onto campus to support our students
○ Thank you to Mrs. Keeling, teachers, and families for their hard work on the Title 1 Survey
○ Thank you to Literacy Team - Celebrate Literacy Week was a great success
○ NEVER A BETTER TIME TO BE A PANTHER!
● Treasurer’s Report – Bob Hamlin
○ Review Current Balance, including the income and expenses since the last PTO Meeting
○ Review of WES-PTO.com website
○ Motion to approve Treasurer’s Report as read made by Danelle Green
○ Motion to approve Treasurer’s Report as read seconded by Courtney Ludecker
● New Business – Discussion
○ Spirit Wear
■ Wadsworth Panther Pride
■ Pre Order any merchandise (make it so that there is no need for a student name on the order form)
■ Shirts, hoodies, water bottles, bows, shoelaces, etc.
○ Golf Outing
■ Need a subcommittee to reach out to other golf courses
● Laura Zublionis
● Jose Sosa Rodrigues
● Ed Fuller
● Stacy Harris
■ The Conservatory said that they do not have any openings for WES this year.
○ Teacher “Thinking of You” Surprise
■ On a teacher work day or school day?
■ Ice Cream Bar
■ Hot Chocolate Goodie Bags
■ Snack Cart
○ Virtual Events for families
■ Stuff a Mascot, Kahoot Trivia, Houseparty app (games virtually), Bingo, Paint Night (ask Ms. Campanella), Cooking Night (with Elena Hall)
■ Committee: Jose Sosa Rodriguez, Laura Zublionis, Krystalyn Krempecki
● Open Floor for Discussion or Ideas – Parents/Teachers/Faculty
○ Mr. Sosa Rodriguez offered again to help organize and inventory items in the PTO closet so that we can have an idea of what we have there as well as price items so that we do not have to worry about that in the future
○ Dr. Crawford thanked all for collaborating with each other and all of the great ideas.
○ Motion to adjourn by Danelle Green
○ Motion to adjourn seconded by Courtney Ludecker
○ Meeting adjourned at 6:43 pm