Parent Teacher Organization 2019-2020
Thursday, January 23rd @ 6:00 PM
The Preserve - WES
PTO Purpose: Support the education and enrichment of students at Wadsworth Elementary School by fostering relationships among the school, parents, teachers, and community at large through volunteer and financial support.
- Call to Order
- Danelle Green 6:08PM
- President’s Comments – Danelle Green
- Secretary’s Report –Danelle Green for Sara Casale
- Reading of Previous Meeting Minutes
- Motion to approve minutes: Dr. Crawford, Grant Richter seconded
- Treasurer’s Report – Bob Hamlin
- Review Current Balance, Including Previous Month Income & Expenses
- We have $17,040 total: $11,802 general, $4743.46 outdoor classroom, $124.13 hospitality.
- We have$1669.10 in golf revenue.
- Game Night brought in $918.09.
Pictures with Santa $673.
Holiday Shop $4909.
- Thank you to everyone that helped with the Holiday Shop.
- WES-PTO.com website got 100 visits this week.
- Our golf sponsors so far are Mia Bella, Tomoka Eye Associates, Jennifer Wagner, and Gordon Gold.
5. Vice President’s Comments - Grant Richter
- It is great that we have made the Daughter Dance more inclusive. We need volunteers for the dance and the golf outing.
- Thankful for parent involvement. How can we get more involvement from parents, faculty, and staff?
- Live Stream meetings, record and then post, do a survey on Facebook or Twitter to see what times/days are best.
- Finished third 9 weeks of school and completed awards ceremonies. We had 133 students with all As and 294 with As & Bs.
- Recently finished diagnostic 2 testing and are seeing growth across the grade levels.
- Thank you to PTO for generous donations to make field trips possible.
- Well wishes to our STEM Academy that will be competing on Saturday in St. Augustine.
- The CLAW is now open and being ran by Mr. Ripley and Ms. Crawford and her students as part of a service learning project.
- We are continuing with our school beautification process with new carpet and paint. Will be adding additional branding with quotes and sayings from Mr. Wadsworth. Thank you to our school board for their continued support.
- Our TOY (Mrs. Harris) and EOY (Cindy Cashman) were celebrated last week during a beautiful ceremony at the Flagler Auditorium.
- Our attendance is up 3.53% as compared to last year.
- Tomorrow we kick off 3rd grade Boot Camp where we are joined by ROTC Cadets from both high schools.
- We also have our iReady Glow Party tomorrow for students making growth targets on diagnostic 2 for iReady.
7. Old Business – Completed Events
- Holiday Shop December 9th-13th
- Pictures with Santa December 3rd & 5th
- Fall Festival October 25th, 2019
- Game Night September 12, 2019
- School Spirit Shirts - working on getting them on the website
- Back to School Jam - August 3, 2019
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfast - August 6, 2019
- Meet the Teacher - August 9, 2019
- Boohoo Breakfast - August 12 to 14, 2019
8. New Business
- WES Panther Golf Outing
- Discussed asking parents to donate basket items, Mr. Mack is bringing in some more sponsors, we need to market banner sponsors, Dr. Crawford is asking Mr. DeAugustino for high school golfers to volunteer, Mr. Fuller is handing out flyers at the home show, and has asked Chic fil a for items for golf bags, talked about grade level sponsors, was suggested to have a way to take pictures of the golfers.
- Dynamic Daughter Dance
- Discussed using a cotton candy machine or if it is less expensive to order. Ms. Clemons and Mrs. Ludecker offered to volunteer.
- Funds Disbursement for Field Trips.
- Voted on paying out $6 per student for a total of $5856. Mr. Fuller made a motion to approve. Dr. Crawford seconded. Was passed by the majority.
9. Upcoming Events
- Dynamic Daughter Dance-February 7th
- WES Panther Golf Outing-February 9th
- Super Son Event-March 27th
- Panther Prowl-April 18th
10. Open Floor for Discussion or Ideas – Parents/Teachers/Faculty
- Motion to Adjourn – D. Green
- Second – G. Richter
- Adjourned 6:59PM